TUSLA (the children’s agency)
TUSLA is the national children’s social care agency and only employer of children’s social workers in the republic of Ireland.
Captive Health were commissioned to develop, validate and deploy a survey programme for Children in Care.
With no existing validated user survey to draw on, and no existing technology capable of collating results across TUSLA’s nation-wide service, TUSLA came to us seeking new ways of giving children a voice in their care.
On a consultancy basis we worked with TUSLA to:
- Develop an outcomes framework
- Undertake a review of the organisation’s information needs
- Identify opportunities for meeting information needs with attitudinal data
- Develop a survey methodology
- Design questionnaires
- Implement our software solutions to capture and collate survey responses
- Develop performance indicators nationally and regionally
- Automate performance reporting across the whole organisation
This was an extensive piece of work that included desk work, focus groups with staff, response testing with young people and technical implementation.
We broke the project into phases and delivered clear outputs at each project milestone.
Our systems are in place and gathering data. TUSLA now has new performance indicators that capture the voice of service users and use this to monitor performance.